ASD Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interesting!

4 posters

Go down

interesting! Empty interesting!

Post  Jeshiko Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 am

Just found out that a relative of mine has autism. He's 13 and lives in Denmark. It's a distant cousin but the line from my Maternal G'mother is the same. She had a sister who had a daughter who had a daughter who had a son who has autism. Could be a coincidence but I am guessing not as Mikko definately looks like that side of the family - he's my little scandi viking Smile
So there we go, can blame my Mother Laughing Laughing
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

interesting! Empty Re: interesting!

Post  missbee Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:54 am

I have no one diagnosed in my family, but my Nan, who is just passed off as eccentric, definitely has all the characteristics of someone on the spectrum. Jon's family have something going on...not sure what.

Interesting huh?!

Also Christopher doesn't look like the other two kids. In fact Max and Eden, half siblings, look more facially similar than Christopher.
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teegee Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:48 am

I have family on both sides that have been diagnosed as autistic. One is 21 years old, and she was the first that I ever heard of with autism. The other is around 19? And I can't be sure if he is autistic as I have never really heard it officially (he lives overseas).

I can't say if DD1 looks like either of them! I do believe it is hereditary/genetic. I would say that I have some ASD tendancies!!

teegee

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshs-Mummy Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 am

my mothers, mothers half brother was considered mentally challenged and his full sister ( nana's half sister) who has worked as a IHC carer for years, recons he was autistic ( but in that era they were called r****d) then nothing till I had my 2 boys the 18yr old with aspergers, and Josh autistic, My great aunt recons it does run in familys who knows maybe we are on to something.
Joshs-Mummy
Joshs-Mummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down