ASD Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School stuff

2 posters

Go down

School stuff Empty School stuff

Post  teegee Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 am

Sorry, haven't been on in a bit - been so busy with life!! LOL

DD1 is has just started Year 2 - and I am starting to get worried... anyone here with older ASD kids? I want to know what your child was doing in Year 2. DD1 has NO interest in reading, writing or anything. She *can* read very limitedly - basic stuff only, and HAS to be pushed... same with writing, I can spell things out and she can write them, or copy something, but she can't write a sentence by herself. She knows her maths (great numbers brain), but that is it. Everything is with help. And I know we are meant to focus on independence - but how? And am I expecting too much from a Year 2 ASD child?

Anyone got anything for me???

teegee

Back to top Go down

School stuff Empty Re: School stuff

Post  Jeshiko Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 am

well we are not there yet but I would think that goals probably need to be adjusted. Does she recieve any RTLB help? Finn struggles with writing and maths. He's not ASD but has a lot of aspergers tendancies (according to the paed) and also has motr dyspraxia. When is your daughter's birthday? Would another year in year one help do you think? We kept Finn back as I really wanted him to have one area where he is doing really well (for him it's reading) and if he'd gone to year 2 he wouldn't have been top at that anymore and along with struggling with other areas I think it would have been really ad for his confidence.
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down