ASD Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plunket checks

3 posters

Go down

plunket checks Empty plunket checks

Post  Jeshiko Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:06 am

It really frustrates me that our plunket nurse fobbed me off twice when I raised concerns about Mikko's dev.
But anyway I was thinking the other day that it is such a shame that there is a plunket check at 15months and then not one again till after 2 years. My book says it should be at 2 years I think but the nurses always schedule them a few months later. Then nothing again till after 3. It seems that a lot of kids with ASD start showing symptoms at 18months yet there is no check then Rolling Eyes
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

plunket checks Empty Re: plunket checks

Post  teegee Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:25 am

DD1 & DD2 had 2 year old plunket checks - and you would have had that with Finn because he is the same age as DD1.

But I get what you mean - I had no concerns about DD1 at 15months, and to be honest, not even at 18months - it was only at 22 months when the doctor mentioned something - and to be honest, I was shocked when she mentioned autism - it had never crossed my mind Neutral

At 15 months, DD3 is fine - I will be progressing things myself if I think there is a problem after 18 months or so - and I will be going to plunket to get DD3 measured at 2 years - because I am a bit OCD and want her record book to be like DD1 & DD3 Laughing (because they had 2 year checks too!)

teegee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:39 am

teegee wrote:DD1 & DD2 had 2 year old plunket checks - and you would have had that with Finn because he is the same age as DD1.

But I get what you mean - I had no concerns about DD1 at 15months, and to be honest, not even at 18months - it was only at 22 months when the doctor mentioned something - and to be honest, I was shocked when she mentioned autism - it had never crossed my mind Neutral

At 15 months, DD3 is fine - I will be progressing things myself if I think there is a problem after 18 months or so - and I will be going to plunket to get DD3 measured at 2 years - because I am a bit OCD and want her record book to be like DD1 & DD3 Laughing (because they had 2 year checks too!)

yeah Mikko did have a 2 year one but it was done at 26 months. At the time I brought up the fact that he only had a few single words and she brushed it off. The next time I saw her was a check for Kasper but Mikko was with me. The nurse was talking to him and I said "Oh he dosn't understand, his comprehension is really low" and she told me that he understood a lot more than I gave him credit for Rolling Eyes I was still worried so I took him to the GP about the speech and also the constant touching and she told me he was completely fine and the touching was because I breastfed him so long Rolling Eyes

Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teegee Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:16 am

WOW... that just sounds like a useless Plunket nurse Rolling Eyes

teegee

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 am

The plunket nurse at christophers 15 month check up was really negative, and pointed out what he couldnt do.

I was really annoyed at the time, and decided not to do plunket after that. I kind of wish she has followed through on her concerns.

We ended up doing a bit of plunket with Max (mainly weight concerns) but now have Max under another provider (Te Rakawa) Happy with them.

missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum