ASD Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how you all surviving the holidays

+3
Jeshiko
teegee
missbee
7 posters

Go down

how you all surviving the holidays Empty how you all surviving the holidays

Post  missbee Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am

Im done LOL.

Actually kids have been good up until this point, i think its now just shear boredom.

Roll on a week and a bit!

I have enjoyed the lazy days though, and we have been up to Coromandel, Auckland, down to welly and Waitarere.

So, how you all surviving.

missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

how you all surviving the holidays Empty Re: how you all surviving the holidays

Post  teegee Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 pm

DD1 doesn't start back at school until 7 Feb - to say I am counting the days would be an understatement!!!

teegee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 pm

teegee wrote:DD1 doesn't start back at school until 7 Feb - to say I am counting the days would be an understatement!!!

Finn is the 7th too and I am not looking forward to it so much. Loving the holidays having them all home. Mikko starts in another week and I tempted to keep him back another week till Finn starts but I know he will be happy to go back and he gets a lot out of it so probably won't.

We;ve not been on holiday but having been doing a lot of swimming at the beach, bush walking, going to different parks etc Smile
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teegee Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 pm

I like not having to go anywhere or be anywhere... but the girls are doing my head in!!!

DD2 starts on 1 Feb - and I won't be keeping her home!! She adores Montessori and told me I was a bad mummy for not letting her go Rolling Eyes (I tried explaining it was holidays, but no luck Rolling Eyes ).

I really wish DD1 also started 1 Feb - because we have a house inspection on 2/2 and DD1 is the one that makes all the mess!!!

teegee

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 am

I think four weeks is roughly my limit.

I love doing craft with them, baking, hanging out outside, going on bike rides, visiting family and all those good holiday things.

BUT

Week five hits and we are all sick of each other Laughing Also the weather here in the Manawatu hasnt been flash, and I think that makes things harder, being stuck inside.

Also kids havent had many play dates. Chris is due for his first one this week. We have had his friends here.
Eden has been much the same, its only this last week when the invites have flooded in (feast or famine LOL)

I like my routine, so will enjoy everything getting back to normal, and it just being me and Max during the day.

I will miss our lazy mornings though Laughing
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sewsable Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 am

It's been pretty good for us. Spent a week in Nelson which went really well. Boys have had more computer time than I'd planned, but they've enjoyed it and on the days when Dh has been home it was necessary so he could work.
They go back on 1st Feb, so that gives Ian a week to recover from his dental surgery tomorrow.
sewsable
sewsable

http://http:/raciebaby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 am

Dental surgery, that sounds serious. Hope he is okay.

Im back into my study today. So kids may be doing a bit more TV watching that usual Embarassed

I figure if we go for a bike ride, and have a few hours outside each day, a few episodes or a DVD wont kill them!!

Its a shame i cant see my lappy outside, i could study while they played outside. I am forced to read Laughing (not notes, but im reading a few books for fun at the moment, nice change from academic (yawn) stuff)
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sewsable Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

He's got 2 teeth that need pulling and he won't stay still in a dental chair so it's general anaesthetic instead. Hopefully they'll also fill the other tooth and seal the fissures at the same time.
sewsable
sewsable

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshs-Mummy Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm

the last 2 weeks Joshy has been well getting on my nerves no day sleep, which added to his and my frustration... Oh well his kindy started back today!! cheers I so enjoyed my 3 hours peace Cool oh and he came home from kindy and had a 2.5 hour sleep Shocked
Joshs-Mummy
Joshs-Mummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Joshs-Mummy wrote:the last 2 weeks Joshy has been well getting on my nerves no day sleep, which added to his and my frustration... Oh well his kindy started back today!! cheers I so enjoyed my 3 hours peace Cool oh and he came home from kindy and had a 2.5 hour sleep Shocked

oh well to make you feel a little better Mikko dropped his day sleep at 2 Rolling Eyes
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 am

Hope the surgery went well sewsable. Chris hates the dentist too. He went once before school and wouldnt open his mouth. He ended up sitting on me, and the lady had a quick squizz. he went back once he started, and apparently cried, but by all accounts I think they managed a look in there.

Our last few days have been good. Ive been studying. Eden has had four play dates this week. Chris was meant to have one, but I havent heard, despite dropping in earlier in the week. Dont like to pressure people though Embarassed so will wait and see.

Max is all over the place with his day sleep at the moment, sometimes he has them, sometimes he doesnt. I love the days when he does, as chris plays quite happily by himself.

Its funny he still plays with his toys in lines. Today I looked at him lining up his transformers, and thought of how he just has to do this!!!
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sewsable Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:51 am

Surgery went well, 2 teeth out, one filled and all the molars coated. He fought going under and wouldn't take their pamol as it wasn't pink like ours. We stopped pain meds the next day after he tipped all his first dose on the carpet and any time I asked how his teeth were he said "fine Mum". I check how it's looking at least once a day and it's all looking healthy and he's not complaining when we brush his teeth at night. Going to start back on the tooth mousse tonight.
sewsable
sewsable

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearna Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

I love the holidays. Christian however has been keen to get back to school since the day it finished. Thats a good thing I know but I just find term time so stressfull.He starts back on Tuesday and I am already so anxious. I arranged to take him to school yesterday to meet his new teacher (again) and see the classroom mostly set up before the other kids arrive next week. I gave the teacher a 'communication passport' which is a booklet I made up at home with lots of info about Christian and what makes him tick. We are also going to set up a daily communication book that she and I and the aide can write things in if we dont get time to talk each day. We had an absolutely horrendous start to term 4 which came very close to C being stood down (and honestly even our psych thinks that was an over reaction on the schools part) so I am anxiety riddled about the beginning of this term.The other reason I love the holidays is how much less time I have to spend driving! During term I drop D off at kindy at 8.10, C at school at 8.55.Pick D up at 12.15,pick C up at 12.25,home (or park) for lunch then back to school at 1.25 then back to school at 3 for pick up. I feel like a taxi driver!! tongue Good luck for the rest of your holidays ladies.
Dearna
Dearna

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 am

Yup I feel like a taxi driver too. Eden is in Palmy for school, Christopher is at Mouth Biggs (towards Feilding) and Max's daycare is in Bulls. I also work one day a week in Feilding, so feel like I am in and out of the car a lot!!

I hope you have a good start to the term. Its great Christian wants to go back!! Christopher doesn't at all, he is happy with his toys and his routine at home Laughing !! Still I think once he makes friends it will be fine.

The communication passport is a great idea, i think that could of really helped at the old school for Chris!
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearna Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 am

Hi missbee, I am going to see if I can figure out how to attach the communication passport on here somehow. It might be usefull for others to see.
Dearna
Dearna

Back to top Go down

Post  hismama Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:16 am

What school is Christopher at missbee? William starts this time next year, I am so lost now about which school to send him to!!

hismama

Back to top Go down

Post  missbee Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 am

Christopher is at Mt Biggs Between Feilding and Ohakea. Little country school. I love it, and he is settling there really well.
missbee
missbee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum