ASD Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autism and ADHD

3 posters

Go down

Autism and ADHD Empty Autism and ADHD

Post  Jeshiko Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:47 am

So Mikko is super hyperactive. The boy does not stop moving. He leaps around and fiddles non-stop. Could this be ADHD? It's hard to tell if the symptoms match as a lot of his signs could be attributed to ASD. I probably should have bought it up with the paed last week but I didn't really have any idea how full on it was till I shared a room with him this week Laughing
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Autism and ADHD Empty Re: Autism and ADHD

Post  hismama Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Do you find you get tired just watching him?!
Our assessment is for ADHD and ASD, will be interesting to see what they say.
At the bottom of this page in the suggested reading, I found this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wonder how many kids are affected by this?

hismama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeshiko Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

crudefitik wrote:Do you find you get tired just watching him?!
Our assessment is for ADHD and ASD, will be interesting to see what they say.
At the bottom of this page in the suggested reading, I found this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wonder how many kids are affected by this?

It drives me nuts as one of the main things he does non-stop is touch/pinch me and also 'jaw' me. I call it biting but it's not really, it's pushing his bottom jaw onto me and biting/grinding his teeth. I seriously think it could drive me crazy Mad
Jeshiko
Jeshiko
Admin

http://www.vikingbrosinkilts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dearna Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:45 am

ADHD is a very common comorbid DX for kids on the spectrum. We are just in the process of filling in the Connors form that measures the probability of Christian having ADHD. However, I did say to our paed that I wonder if the over active behaviour is from ADHD or linked to the sensory processing issues that Christian has in relation to his ASD. There is a really good book our paed recommended called 'Understanding ADHD' by Dr Christopher Green and Dr Kit Chee.
Dearna
Dearna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down